I've been so quiet lately one might think I haven't been up to much. Well let me let you in on the last few weeks happenings, in no particular order, I've:
* been to my first Lyle Lovett concert, at a beautiful winery with hot air ballons lofting overhead. "That's right you don't come from Texas, Texas loves you anyway."
* seen Barry Bonds hit and the Mariners win.
* celebrated the birthday of one of the coolest grandmothers I know. Jesses' grandma Stella had a huge brunch with her closest friends and family. I was proud to be there.
* spent the 4th of July with fireworks, jetskis and hot tubbin'. Thanks Suzy!
* made my first trip to this local spa/hothouse right around the corner from my place. Why didn't I know about this in the winter? More relaxing than a glass of wine and for almost the same price! Thanks to JoAnne and Stacia for leading the way.
* picked up (yet another) Drivers Permit. I think this is the 3rd one, but it could be the 4th. I'm glad Nick came along with me, you know, for the moral support. And the gelatto.
* acquired a deep fat fryer. Oh no! Oh yes! Think of the possibilites, fresh fries, donuts, and tempura whenever I want. There will be a theme party around this.
And just when you think I haven't been knitting anything at all I'll let you in on a secret: I'm knitting my first intarsia. It's an argyle sweater. With 11 bobbins. Eleven has never seemed like a higher number in my life. Here's the goal:
Yep, it's summer so I'm knitting a tweedy wool argyle pullover vest. You wouldn't laugh if you've seen summer in Seattle. I think we might have broke 70 degrees today.