Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Awful Truth

I love Ravelry just like every other knitter/crocheter I know.

My only problem with it, is that it is forcing me to confront how many unfinished objects I have or at least how many I'm willing to own up to...

Currently we have:

Gift Gloves

Pop Up paws for a friend of Jesses.

The yarn was free and is not colors I would normally use, so I had no problem making it into a gift. I had never made fingers or even half fingers before and thought it would be neat to try. Ok, it was neat but tedious and I dread the thought of doing another. Then, the friend began to nag us, a lot. I asked Jesse to remind her that I don't have hand knit gloves of any kind. That it is a gift and one shouldn't rush hand knit gifts. The more she nags the less I want to knit it...

Alinas Bear

An adorable teddy bear for an adorable niece. The A is for Alina. The bear is from Unusual Toys for you to Knit and Enjoy. Embarrassingly enough I keep losing the little pieces of it, all those arms, legs, and ears... sheesh.

Wrapped Shawl

One for the store. Beautiful pattern, beautiful yarn... tons of short rowing and stockinette. And now I'm at the point where I should be picking up stitches. Hmmm...

Jane Crossover Sweater

Another for the store... the yarn is beautiful, it's hand dyed Handmaiden, but the pattern. Oh this pattern is not good. Bad, bad pattern writer. Names withheld to protect those I don't want to insult. But, what could a person have against a provisional cast on?

Ok, those are the ones I can bring out into the light.

I know I'm not the only one.

I'll see you on Ravelry, I'm Stampalina there.

1 comment:

manic hispanic said...

the little bear looks so sad and dismembered