Monday, July 16, 2007

Purl Visit

While in New York I had to take a half day to visit Purl in SoHo. Purl is not just a store (or even two stores) to me. I read their blog almost daily and it keeps me updated on a variety of fiber arts. I reread the owners book, Last Minute Knitted Gifts and am looking forward to her new book: Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts.

I knew I would enjoy my visit to their two stores.

Don't I look happy?

Me at Purl Yarn

This is me in front of the windows of Purl, can you see the colorful displays of natural fiber yarn? Honestly, I went in, I drooled and I bought a magazine. That's it, one magazine. Albeit an expensive, imported magazine, but just the one. It could have something to do with the mountain of yarn I'm now catologing on ravelry... but I digress.

Purl Patchwork is it's own store just a few doors down from Purl.

Here are the adorable hoops I plan on mimicking one of these days...

Yes, Yes, Purl

Could I have the whold display please?

Purl Patchwork Window

How much is that kitty in the window?

Purl Patchwork

I didn't get away with just one thing at Purl Patchwork. No, it seemed like I had to have one of each. Not having much of a fabric stash at home made it easy to justify lots of beautiful purchases.

Now I need to get sewing while it's still skirt weather.

No comments: