Monday, July 23, 2007

Reception

The reception was a mellow, pleasant picnic where the weather held off enough to prevent an actual downpour. Kids were (mostly) free to run around and adults were free to eat all the blackberry cobbler they wanted.

Here's some of the Hilltop crew doing just that.



And here are many of us with the beautiful blanket they knit for Jesse and I! I believe it's from Mason Dixon Knitting.




That's Karen, Martine, Jenny, Jesse, Betsy, me, Teresa and Daphne (some of the knitters involved are not pictured here). It's adorable and because of the coolness of this summer I've already begun to use it!

Thank you all for the lovely handmade gift to warm our home.

*EDIT* All pictures by Seth Howard.

3 comments:

Martine said...

You're welcome! We had great fun making it, forming little teams to work on a block together. It's not Mason Dixon though. It's a pattern from one of the Nashua books, that Jule (of course) modified to make extra special.

Martine said...

ps - thank you for hosting such a wonderful, relaxed reception! It was a great way to spend an afternoon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I think the pattern might be from a Rowan Classic book... Jule was the mastermind, naturally.

I like how it almost looks SUNNY in these photos. Thanks for throwing a Seattle reception for us to help celebrate!