Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ta Da!

There have been lots of questions about the dress and so I'm finally posting a picture of it- proof I finished before the wedding. I'm not all dressed up yet, this is in fact a picture of the girls getting ready in the boudoir. Oooh la la!

The Dress

Still, not too bad eh?

I was pretty happy with it considering how much I strayed, improvised, from the original pattern. It's a combination of Rowans' Butterfly, Alhemys' Ingenue and my own pattern. I used Debbie Bliss Pure Silk and Rowan Kidsilk Spray.

Also if you've read this far you deserve to be reminded about the Half Price Knit Night happening on Capitol Hill tomorrow at 7pm - around 10pm. Let me know if I'll see you there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! It's so pretty. Good job.

Martine said...

Holy puppies, that is gorgeous! You should be so proud, and I'm glad it got used for such a wonderful occasion.

Wendy Brown said...

What a beautiful dress!!! You did a great job and looked very pretty.

Megan said...

It's beautiful, you should be delighted, and what a thing to remember, married in a dress you knit.
Congratulations!

Julie said...

Holy knit wedding dress, Batgirl! That is truly stunning. Beautiful stitchwork.
Julie (the crochet girl from the Crochet Me event)